Sophie Maziere – Social Prescribing Link Worker
Sophie joined the practice at the beginning of June 2022. As a social prescriber she is here to give time to patients, focusing on “What matters to you”.
Sophie can connect people to community groups and services for practical and emotional support and refer and signpost people to a range of support.
- Wellbeing and mental health (non-clinical services)
- Benefits, housing and debt
- Social isolation and loneliness
- Carers support
- Employment and volunteering
- General health and fitness
- Long term health conditions
Sophie is contactable at any of our three sites (Portscatho Surgery, Tregony Surgery, and St Mawes Surgery), Monday – Friday, Tel: 01872 580345.
There is a Roseland Surgeries Social Prescribing Facebook page where useful information is regularly shared:
- Citizens Advice Cornwall – free, confidential, independent advice including: benefits, debt, housing, family, health, work, law, immigration and consumer issues.
0800 144 8848 / https://citizensadvicecornwall.org.uk/
- Age UK – help, information and advice for older people.
01872 266 383 / https://www.ageuk.org.uk/cornwall/
- Independent Age – free information and advice for older people and their families on care and support, money and benefits and health and mobility, and grants for community organisations.
0800 319 6789 / https://www.independentage.org/
- Silver Line – a free, confidential telephone service for older people. Providing friendship, conversation and support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
0800 4 70 80 90 / https://www.thesilverline.org.uk/
- NHS Volunteer Responders – Check in and chat (friendly phone call and a listening ear) and Community Response (Volunteer help collecting and delivering shopping, medication and other essential supplies, if eligible. This service is available as a one-off or for a maximum of 6 weeks).
0808 196 3646 / https://nhscarevolunteerresponders.org/services
- Community Gateway – provides access to a wide range of professional voluntary sector support.
01872 266383 / https://www.ageuk.org.uk/cornwall/our-services/community-gateway
- disAbility Cornwall – supporting and empowering people with a long-term health condition or disability and their families and carers.
DiAL – information and advice line – 01736 759 500 / 07522 970 336 / https://www.disabilitycornwall.org.uk/
- The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RABI) – providing support to the farming community.
0800 188 4444 / https://rabi.org.uk/
- Mental health support for veterans, service leavers and reservists
- Cornwall Carers Service – supporting unpaid and informal carers, including young carers and young adult carers.
01736 756 655 / https://www.cornwallcarers.org.uk/
- Promas – Free courses for unpaid carers.
- Cornwall Hospice Care – specialist support for people with terminal illnesses and their families and carers including support for bereavement.
- Cornwall Memory Café Network – where any one with memory loss and their carer or family can find help and support.
- Hub of Hope – mental health support database for local and national services.
- Pentreath – supporting recovery from mental ill heath and developing opportunities for people to meet their potential for happy and productive lives.
01726 862 727 / https://www.pentreath.co.uk/
- The Women’s Centre Cornwall – support to women and girls who have experienced sexual or domestic violence or abuse.
01208 77099 / https://www.womenscentrecornwall.org.uk/
- Care and Support in Cornwall – for residents of Cornwall requiring care and support.
- Health Works for Cornwall – supporting people to improve employability, increase confident and overcome health-related barriers affecting their employment status.
- Active Cornwall – helping everyone enjoy and benefit from an active lifestyle
- Healthy Cornwall – helping you to lead a happier, healthier lifestyle. Weight management, healthy eating, physical activity, stopping smoking and healthy pregnancy.
- We Are Undefeatable – supporting people with a range of long term health conditions to find ways to be active that work for you.
- Cornwall Rural Community Charity – supporting and strengthening Cornwall’s communities to improve quality of life.
- Digital Inclusion (Cornwall Council) – giving everyone the opportunity to learn about getting online and to experience the benefits.
- Cornwall Link – find and share support services, community activities and events.
- Roseland Online – the guide to the Roseland Peninsula with news, information and resources.
- Roseland Magazine – distributed across the area monthly – for details of local services and activities.
- Virtual Village Hall – online activity hub and community to help people stay physically and mentally active.
- Getting Together Matters – free, fun, online events for older people.
- University of the Third Age – Learning, staying active and having fun in later life.
- Community Energy Plus – providing information for households to have warmer and more energy efficient homes.
0800 954 1956 / https://www.cep.org.uk/